"He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water." Isaiah 49:10

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom, I love you!

By Fidel "Butch" Montoya

Today is Mother’s Day – a very special day in the lives of so many people. For me it is an extra special day because my Mom has gone on to her eternal reward. My Mom was a minister of the Gospel, and she was my father’s partner in ministry.

My Mom and Dad were ministers with the Assemblies of God for over 30 years. They pastured several churches and as preacher’s kids, my sister and brother and I moved around the pastoral circuit. We had some special times depending in the church my Dad and Mom pastured, but we had a wonderful life as preacher’s kids.

Mom and Dad pastured churches in Denver, Colorado Greeley, Colorado, Center, Colorado, and Farmington, New Mexico. In Denver, he pastured the La Primera, La Segunda, & Aposento Alto. We had some wonderful times…and times when we all were forced to our knees in prayer for God’s Grace and Love.

But through all of the times in the ministry, my Mom was the best mother I could ever have. I remember coming home for lunch from school, and there was Mom making me something for lunch. She was always around when I needed to be loved or cared for. I have so many wonderful memories of my Mom, and I really miss her today.

I miss my Mom very much. She was so wise, so compassionate, and such a wonderful example of how to love others. There are many days when I want to just reach out and call my Mom. There are so many days when I just want to drop by her house and spent some time with her. On so many days, I just want to hear her voice one more time. I loved dropping by her home on my way home from work. It usually meant a small but delicious snack or meal…the only way Mom could make it.

Mom has gone on, but there is not a single day that goes by without a special memory of her that comes to mind. I love her and miss her so much. She was my anchor and my friend. Not often that we think of our mothers as our friend, but she always had the right answer or solution to a problem I might be experiencing. Mom was always there for me.

So today on this special day, if you have your Mom with you today, call her, send her flowers, and make sure she knows you love her. I wish I had one more chance to just tell “Mom, I love you….and I miss you so much!”

“Mom, I miss you…and I will always love you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment